Beat Maker Bakeoff
For the winning team in cash and VST plugins courtesy of Google and TAL software
1. Anyone of any skill level, genre, or musician type (singer/songwriter/producer/instrumentalist) is allowed to compete.
2. Teams must start with a blank session.
3. Teams have 1 hour to create a 60-90 second track that they must place in the submissions folder before the time is up.
4. Teams must create a track at the BPM assigned to them.
5. Teams may ONLY use samples provided to them as a part of the competition (this means no premade loops).
6. Teams may ONLY use ‘sampler instruments’ to create progressions. (this means no VST synths or in house/software default synths aside from ‘sampler instruments’).
7. Teams may ONLY use in house/software default effects (his means no VST effects).
8. Teams may use hardware/instruments/vocals as long as everything is created and recorded once the competition starts.
9. Additional hardware teams are allowed to use:
Hard drives (to transfer files and multitracks between computers)