Beat Maker Bakeoff
Unfortunately due to the current situation with COVID-19, the MPC team feels it would be irresponsible for us to host a Beat Maker Bakeoff at this time. We will let everyone know once the MPC is back in action and look forward to seeing you then!
For the winning team in cash and VST plugins courtesy of Google and TAL software
1. Anyone of any skill level, genre, or musician type (singer/songwriter/producer/instrumentalist) is allowed to compete.
2. Teams must start with a blank session.
3. Teams have 1 hour to create a 60-90 second track that they must place in the submissions folder before the time is up.
4. Teams must create a track at the BPM assigned to them.
5. Teams may ONLY use samples provided to them as a part of the competition (this means no premade loops).
6. Teams may ONLY use ‘sampler instruments’ to create progressions. (this means no VST synths or in house/software default synths aside from ‘sampler instruments’).
7. Teams may ONLY use in house/software default effects (his means no VST effects).
8. Teams may use hardware/instruments/vocals as long as everything is created and recorded once the competition starts.
9. Additional hardware teams are allowed to use:
Hard drives (to transfer files and multitracks between computers)